Spring is in the Air

Spring is in the Air

Sunday, February 6, 2011

Tears...Pain and memories

This is the only picture of me feeding Noah (Hornby Island) Ella is feeding her Carebear. Another moment I will forever remember xoxoxox


This was hard.......Noah decided it was time to stop breastfeeding after 7 months. He's been showing me signs for about 2 weeks know. But just like Ella I wasn't ready,so there were some tears and my heart broke a wee bit. Knowing it will be my last time EVER made me sad to the core. I had a hard time even remembering Noah's last good feed on me.Which I really hoped to have and cherish. To this day I still remember the moment I feed Ella for the very last time. So this week was a hard one with tears ,pain and more pain.


Time to talk about my boob's......;) They have gone through so much it's crazy they made it through feeding 2 kids. I had Mastitis with Ella and with Noah and I have it again today. I wonder really how many Litres of milk I have produced over the duration of breastfeeding. Imagine this.....I feed Ella for 71/2 months full time and could drain each boob with 4 oz each time. Then with Noah I feed the same amount of time with the same 4oz each feed from each boob. CRAZY! NO WONDER it was so hard trying to get them to stop producing milk. But after all the pain and suffering it gave me wonderful quiet moments with my kids that I will take with me my whole life. I will miss it greatly but I'm happy to say their all mine once again.

1 comment:

Amy said...

oh i feel your pain (emotionally) right now...i also remember the last day I nursed Cole and it was such a happy memory - Kyrie is so different I can tell she will wean sooner than Cole did and it makes my heart break a wee bit...hope your *ducts* feel better!